FREEDOM BUSINESS FORUM
26-29 April | Jomtien-Pattaya, Thailand
We hope this page will answer most of your questions, but if you find that your question isn’t listed, please email us here and we will endeavor to respond within three working days.
1. Who should attend the forum?
The conference is designed for three main groups: freedom business owners and operators (members); and the people who can help them succeed (partners), particularly those with entrepreneurial experience or business expertise. Additionally, a number of spaces will be reserved for individuals seeking to understand the issue and find opportunities to get involved within their own spheres of influence. This includes people from academia, foundations and NGO representatives, and investors.
2. What are the arrival and departure dates for the forum?
The arrival date is April 26th and we will start at 18:00 (6:00 pm) with an Opening Dinner followed by a Keynote address. The Forum will end with lunch at 13:30 (1:30 pm) on Wednesday the 29th of April.
3. Will my airport pick up and drop off be organized by the forum?
No, we will not be organizing airport shuttles this time. We recommend that you use Thai Happy Taxi for the commute between the airport in Bangkok and the Ambassador Hotel. Click here to book your taxi. Also, the Whova app has a ride-share function for those who would like to share a taxi with other conference attendees to reduce travel costs.
- Travel time is between 2 and 2.5 hours, depending on traffic.
- The taxi fare is around 1550 Thai baht (THB). You can only pay with THB, not with USD or a bank/credit card.
- Please note that the Hotel is not in Pattaya but in Pattaya-Najomtien.
- You will want to prearrange your taxi before your arrival.
- Detailed prices and options for different type of cars can be seen on the taxi company website.
4. What are the accommodation options?
The Ambassador Hotel has many room options with special conference rates. Please click here to book your accommodation. If you will be staying in a shared room, check out the “Community” section of the Whova app to find a room-mate.
5. Will there be translation to other languages?
All sessions at this year’s forum will be in English. If you require translation, you will need to arrange for a personal translator. Kindly let us know if this is the case.
6. I have registered, what next?
You will receive an email from us with more information once you have successfully registered. We will publish more information on the schedule, content and speakers as soon as we have confirmed them! In the meantime, download Whova, the official app for the conference. Ensure that you create your Whova account with the same email address that you used when registering for the conference, otherwise, you will not be able to login. The link takes you to the Whova tutorial page where you learn how to create your login details and get the best out of the app. Do contact us if you have any questions.
Payment and Sponsorship
7. What do the registration fees include?
Your registration fees cover the cost of all sessions at the forum (plenary sessions, workshops, consulting time, etc.), your conference materials, and five meals – a welcome dinner, our closing banquet, three lunches, and all coffee breaks. Accommodation is not included in your registration fee; please book your hotel room at the link above.
8. Are the registration fees refundable?
No, registration fees are not refundable. If you are not able to attend, please contact us for options on how to potentially resell the ticket to another attendee.
9. What about my food allergies and/or intolerances?
If you have any food allergies and/or intolerances, do contact us with details as soon as you have registered, so that we can save your information and factor them in as we make the meal plan for the forum.
10. Would it be possible to receive an invoice for my payment?
Yes, that is possible. Please indicate when you register that you would like an invoice, and we will prepare one for you.
11. How can my organization become a forum sponsor?
Contact Jennifer Tunehag here if you are interested in becoming a sponsor!
12. Can I exhibit my products or services at the Forum? What is the procedure, and how much does it cost?
Yes, there will be space for you to promote your business services or sell products. Contact us here to learn more about price and space availability.
13. What airport should I fly into?
Your destination airport is Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, airport code BKK. Pattaya also has its own regional airport, U-Tapao. This airport is served by low-cost airlines like Air Asia and some international ones as well and is only about 20 minutes from the Forum.
14. Do I need a visa for Thailand?
It is your responsibility to find out if you need a visa for the Forum. Most countries have visa-free entry into Thailand; follow this link to check the list on the Thai Embassy website. Our team can assist you with a letter of invitation should you need one, but you MUST start this process well in advance of the event, since getting a visa may be time-consuming
15. What currency do they use in Thailand and can I exchange foreign currency there?
Thailand’s currency is the Thai baht which you can get at ATMs throughout the country. Currencies like the CAD, CHF, EUR, USD and others may be changed at the airport and at all Forex bureau offices. If you are unsure about being able to exchange your country’s currency for Thai Baht, please verify online (or contact us).
16. Do I need any vaccinations when going to Thailand?
Remember to check with your local hospital to learn what vaccinations or immunizations are recommended for your trip. This link has more information as well.
17. Can I drink the water at the hotel?
The hotel water is safe for brushing your teeth, but we would highly recommend that you purchase bottled water for consumption.
18. What type of electrical plugs are used in Thailand?
Do I need to bring an adapter? Most hotels in Thailand can accommodate both American and European electrical plugs (types A, C, and F).
19. What will the weather be like in April?
What kind of clothes will be appropriate? The temperature in April will be between 26-33 degrees Celsius, hot and humid with a chance of some rain showers due to the start of rainy season. Therefore, have some comfortable and waterproof shoes at hand and you’ll be fine. Most hotels in Thailand have the air-conditioning on full blast, so it might be very cold inside the hotel, please bring warm layers for that.
OPTIONAL SITE VISIT TO NEPAL
Join us the week before our Forum to learn firsthand about real Freedom Businesses.
FREEDOM BUSINESS Alliance
We exist to scale the Freedom Business Movement.